Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Quick Trip to Boston


I will be heading to Boston for the weekend to help with whatever needs to be done and also just to be there to help support Mom during the surgery.  I leave on Thursday and come back Sunday.  I am super grateful that Erik is willing to stay home and work so he can take care of the kids while I am gone.  All of you who know my mom well, know she worries about EVERYTHING.  As loathe as I am to admit it, I worry about EVERYTHING too.  So I have been preparing and over preparing anything and everything I can think of to make it easier on Erik and the kids.  I know sometimes Erik goes longer between meals then I would, or that he feeds the kids a million Ritz crackers between lunch and dinner, so doing all these things makes me feel better. 

-I made snack containers with proportioned servings and wrote notes about how much of each kind of snack they are allowed.

-I put outfits together in bags so there is no question about what goes with what or where socks or undies are.

-I put a list of all breakfast, lunches and dinners that are available and easy to make in the fridge/freezer and then put all the ingredients in easy to see/reach places

-did all the dirty laundry

-did all the dirty dishes

-and cleaned the house

I think I am ready.  I packed and double checked to make sure I have everything.  I talked to the kids about how I have to leave for a few days and how they need to behave for Daddy.  I am sure it will all be fine and that everything I did was a bit much, but like I said, it makes me feel better when I leave.  I promise we will try to keep everyone up to date as we can.  Thank you!


The snack containers

The fruit in the monkey container

Snacks in the owl container

So wonderfully portioned! 


-Sachi (the worrier)

5 comments:

  1. Sachi - You are ready and your children will be fine...now travel safely.
    XXOO
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I always thought this was my "laid-back" child! I love you sooooo much, Sachi! I am waiting for you to arrive.xo's for you, Erik, Aidan, and Kayleigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I think if you asked Erik "laid-back" is not a descriptor he would choose to describe me. Love you too Mom and can't wait to see you soon!

      Delete
  3. Sachi, The best advice I can give is make your plans and then don't worry. Erik will definitely do things different than you do and that's part of the charm and importance of having a mom and dad! They'll be fine and do great, though.

    I know you'll be an important addition to the team your Mom has around her for the surgery!

    We're praying hard for healing and no complications!

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete