I got the first step completed today in the wig making process. I got my haircut! We cut off a total of 12 inches and it is ready to ship to the custom wig makers! I am so excited! The hairdresser I found was super sweet and works a one person business out of a lovely little place in Edmonds, Washington. She was familiar with
Locks of Love and so knew the exact procedure to go about cutting hair to send in. The hairdressers name is Faye and the name of her business is
Faye's Shear Delight. I loved how great she is with kids, as I had to take Kayleigh with me, and how great she did with the picture I provided for her with how I wanted my hair cut. I will definitely be going back to Faye's and I think I am going to start taking the kids there too. She only charges $1 for each year the child has been alive for their hair cuts. So now for the pictures!
 |
| My short hair. I don't love sharing pictures of me, but I guess I couldn't show you what the hair looks like if I didn't. |
 |
| The 12 inches we cut off! |
|
|
I am so excited to send in the hair and I can't wait to see the finished wig! I will be sure to post pics of it!
Mom is still in the hospital and they are going to try to release her back to my sister's house soon. Her pain seems to be doing better and they now have her stool problem under control as well. She is still on the TPN in order to try to get her nutrients higher to help her do the chemo. Chemo will probably start sometime next week. We will be sure to let you know when it does.
Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming!
-Sachi
Well done, Sachi. You look fabulous. :)
ReplyDeleteCan you see me smiling?
ReplyDelete