Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Sky is Falling!!

     P.S.  I had dates wrong.  Monday the port will be put in.  The port is where they will put the chemo medication.  Actual chemo meds will happen on Wednesday.

      I hear it has been fairly blustery, to put it mildly, in Boston lately.  Mom told me about how it was so windy that it caused huge tree branches to fall, causing some terrible damage to property.  She even sent me this picture:

That poor tree and I feel terrible for the owner of the car!

Due to the not so friendly weather, Mom is staying indoors today.  I think I would too.

      Due to the type of cancer Mom has, mucinous cystadenocarcinoma, large deposits of liquid build up in her abdomen.  The liquid causes bloating and just pure discomfort.  She has had it all drained again, it is an ongoing problem, which I think helped immensely.  The person who preformed the procedure told her that he didn't find draining the fluid helped much, but that he would and that he would make sure to get out as much as possible.  I wish he didn't tell her this, it made her sad.  I also think he was wrong, since I think it did help her a great deal!  Before she got the fluid drained she was often nauseated and not very hungry.  Now, she has been eating a little and doesn't feel quite as bad.  I think getting 4 liters, that is how much came out, drained out of you would definitely make you feel better!

Chemo starts on Monday, very early Monday morning.  The first step, which will happen Monday is putting the port in.  The port will be what they put the chemo medicine in.  The actual chemo medication will take place starting on Wednesday.  The chemo will be ongoing for a while until they say otherwise.  They will be doing the chemo first due to the amount of cancer cells coating her abdominal area.  They told us that surgery is not an option at this point because there is too much cancer, but maybe after the chemo has worked then they will look into doing surgery again.  So keep those prayers and good thoughts coming and thank you for all the support!
-Sachi

3 comments:

  1. Cold, windy weather...are you sure they are not in Las Cruces?
    Saying lots of prayers for complete healing for Sandra. I am glad that draining the fluid helps make her feel better.
    Thanks for keeping us all updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you. I didn't realize that Sandy was going through this. I am so happy to read that she is with Mari, in Boston, and getting the treatments she needs to move forward. Thanks for keeping us posted. We all love your MOM.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay warm and strong Sandy - and family! Thoughts and prayers are with you always - - the lunch table is so empty without you and Mas - hurry back to us!

    ReplyDelete