Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

In Boston at last

Just a quick follow-up to Sachi's fun, photo-laden post to say that Mom and Dad made it uneventfully to Boston! I was worried that the long journey might be rough on Mom, but they wisely chose seats in business class and said they were quite comfortable.

Mom began feeling sleepy, unsteady on her feet, and somewhat mentally foggy starting yesterday, I strongly suspect due to a new medication (she's stopped taking it today as it's not essential and I think doing more harm than good). The upside of the somnolence was that she was able to sleep through most of the flights.

Ironically, my parents' arrival coincides with the coldest day we've had in Boston so far this winter. The wind chills were negative this morning . . . quite unkind to ears, noses, fingers, and toes. And my furnace has been broken for the past couple days! Fortunately, it was repaired today, just in time to make the apartment cozy for them. They're snug in bed, resting up after their trip.

We're hoping for a quiet (and hopefully warmer!) weekend, and then as Sachi said earlier, Mom will see her new oncologist on Monday.

- Mari

10 comments:

  1. Mari: Times like these, I'm especially happy that you're a physician. Glad that your folks arrived safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! :) Thank you, Julie.

      Delete
    2. We are glad to be in Boston too. Hopefully the doctors here can treat Sandy's cancer and cure her.

      Delete
    3. Mari and Sachi, your parents are lucky to have you both. Praying for a great outcome for a great lady. Best to all. Jennifer

      Delete
  2. You're welcome, Mari! I hope so, too, Uncle Mas! Auntie Sandy's a strong woman, so I don't doubt that she'll beat this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the weather warms up for you Mas and Sandy! As always - you are never far from our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they told me it snowed the other day and was a cold 24 degrees. Brrrr! Hopefully it will warm up soon though! I know Mom is definitely NOT fond of the cold weather.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Mari and Sachi, for posting this blog!
    keeping all of you close in thoughts and prayers.
    Love to you all from New Mexico-
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Everyone!

    Thank you for all the love and caring. Mas and Mari won't let me do too much, so I am being pampered! Monday is my "port day" at 7 am check-in (so glad it's the first appt.). I will meet with our oncology surgeon at 2 on the same day. Mari's friend lives across the street from Massachusettes General Hospital and offered us the use of her apartment whenever we need it! I am so amazed and grateful for my family, friend and even kind strangers! Chemo starts Wednesday. I am ready thanks again to all of you! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete